Learning to fly – student pilots

When can I start learning to fly?

There is no limitation on when you can start learning to fly when accompanied by a flight instructor, but you must beat least 15 to fly solo. 

Will I need a license to fly as a student pilot?

You will not need a license to fly as a student pilot because you will be under the supervision of a flight instructor and your flying school at all times while you are learning, including when you are flying solo.
However, to fly solo you will need an aviation reference number (ARN), which you can obtain from CASA, and you will need to provide CASA with proof of your identity. There is no fee for this service and you should receive your ARN within one week of submitting an application.

To fly solo, you will also need to hold either a CASA class 1 or 2 medical certificate or a recreational aviation medical practitioners certificate. If you have a recreational aviation medical practitioners certificate you will be limited to conduct solo flights in recreational aircraft only. 

Introductory Flight

If you are really keen to see what learning to fly is all about then this flight gives you an excellent introduction.

Find out more

Contact Us

Need more information, click here to make a request.

Enquire Now